Health care improvement is no longer the exclusive work of the “quality improvement department.” In order to succeed in today’s fast changing environment, you will need the engagement of every person on your team to take your work to the next level. In this two-part workshop, you’ll learn the key elements of improvement science in a way that is accessible and practical, and you’ll walk out with tools you can immediately apply to improvement opportunities in your workplace.
- Describe how the Model for Improvement’s three simple questions can be applied to any improvement need, big or small.
- Discover the power of small tests of change cycles to thoughtfully acquire the knowledge and learning you need to make changes that stick.
- Be empowered and engaged, able to influence your team through process mapping, use data to tell your story, and addressing the adaptive challenges that come with all improvement work.
During these sessions, you’ll discover the answers to these questions:
- How do systems impact outcomes?
- How do I create a sense of ownership rather than hope for buy-in?
- How do I use data to inform decisions?
Who should attend: Care team members (e.g., RN, LPN, MA, care coordinators), leaders, clinicians, quality and EMR/data staff – anyone interested in supporting their organization by making improvements.
When: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 and Thursday, July 27, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. – Noon (Registration 7:45 - 8 a.m.)
Where: ICSI Offices, Bloomington, MN
Member Cost: $45.00
Non-Member Cost: $125.00
For members discount pass code and any questions about the session, please contact Georgette Susla, 952-814-7064.