Intended Audience: The program is mainly focused for those in health care delivery systems; open to health care leaders, clinicians, tobacco cessation specialists, community organizations and associations, and others.
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Location: Maple Grove Community Center
12951 Weaver Lake Road
Maple Grove, MN
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3.25 Contact Hours are being offered for this event.
Smoking is dragging down Minnesota’s health outcomes. Commercial tobacco’s impact on health and chronic disease is considerable. While Minnesota has reduced its overall smoking rate to 14.4 percent, health disparities are high and only 52 percent of smokers receive a referral for assistance. By not systematically addressing tobacco use with our patients, we’re missing an opportunity to help patients improve their health and reduce these disparities.
Let’s go from good to great – together. The solutions exist – share yours and tap into the wisdom of others. This is a multi-stakeholder, action-oriented event. You’ll learn from national expert Dr. Michael Fiore of the University of Wisconsin, a panel of physicians, and hear about bright spots from representatives of diverse types of health systems across the state.
What do you need in your organization to move the needle? We are planning further support for tobacco health systems change, informed by this event, and your voice is critical in the conversation. If you are a champion of tobacco cessation, or simply want to learn more, please join us. We especially encourage health system representatives to attend.
- Learn why commercial tobacco use is still a problem in Minnesota
- Understand what health systems change for treating tobacco dependence is and why it is important
- Gain tips from the field on health systems change tactics and network with others
- Discover how to engage champions to make addressing tobacco a priority within your clinic/organization
Questions? Contact Tani Hemmila at 952-814-8299.
- First time registrants need to create a login account. Returning users, please register with your account email and password.
- Each person needs to register and provide their name.
- Registering someone else? Please register them using their email address and other information.
Registration questions? Contact ICSI at 952-814-7060.