When: Friday, October 10, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Registration begins 7:45 - 8 a.m.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
Where: St. Benedict's Senior Community-Bonn Room
1810 Minnesota Blvd. SE
St. Cloud, MN 56304
A single musician can create beautiful music. But to have the greater impact of a symphony requires joining unique musicians in harmonious alignment. That is what this free one-day workshop does. Funded by a patient experience grant from AF4Q awarded to ICSI and MN Community Measurement, this workshop combines motivational interviewing (MI), shared decision-making (SDM) and health coaching to change not only how you listen to your patients, but how you can compose the symphony and synergy needed to guide their choices toward health.
With a blend of didactic presentation, skills training and practice sessions, plus time for team discussion, you'll leave with a plan for how to implement these strategies in your practice. We encourage specialty clinicians, MDs, nurses, educators, mental health workers, and care managers. Open to ICSI members and non-members. Sign up today to secure your place at this "patient experience concert." Registration closes on October 3, 2014.
- Describe the correlation between publicly measured patient satisfaction scores and MI, SDM and health coaching
- List appropriate applications and uses for SDM, MI and health coaching
- Identify common skills between SDM, MI, and health coaching
- Demonstrate three communication skills that promote patient engagement
- Identify potential adaptive challenges to incorporating this into practice
- Create a personal and/or team plan for integration of MI, or SDM, or health coaching into workflow
Park Nicollet Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Park Nicollet Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing’s criteria for 8.4 contact hours of required continuing education. It is the responsibility of each nurse to determine whether a continuing education activity meets the criteria established by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Open until October 3, 2014. No registrations accepted after this date.
There is no charge for this workshop. Register online by October 3, 2014.
- First time registrants need to create a login account. Returning users, please register with your account email and password.
- Each person needs to register and provide their name.
- Registering someone else? Please register them using their email address and other information.
For more information, Email Rochelle Hayes or call the ICSI offices at 952-814-7060.