Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Location: Essentia Health – Duluth Clinic
3rd Street Building
400 East Third Street
Duluth, MN 55805
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
4.25 Contact Hours are being offered for this event.
Providing real-world examples of effective methods and practices as well as practical assistance to help you identify and implement your next step in advancing tobacco cessation efforts in your organization. Each program is similar, focused on serving the needs of clinics and other health care delivery systems in attendance.
- Identify and communicate the need to address tobacco dependence, especially with priority populations
- Recognize and assess effective practices in addressing tobacco cessation from real-world examples
- Identify how simple quality improvement (QI) tools can be applied to support your organization’s smoking cessation program
- Walk away with a starter toolkit of materials to engage others in tobacco health system change work
Education Refresher and Practices From the Field
Gain a refresher on medication treatment and other topics from experts and practitioners across the state, and take a deeper look into one health care delivery system's methods and processes.
Jill Doberstein, MAPL, CTTS, Essentia Health
Krista L. (Huot) Rouse, PharmD, BCACP, Essentia Health
Simple QI for Tobacco Health Systems Change
What can YOU do by Tuesday? What are others doing that you are curious about? Learn and prepare as we help demystify the science of improvement, using simple interactive methods applied to tobacco health systems change efforts.
Scripting – What Works?
Engaging with patients about tobacco use has come a long way, baby. Share your surefire winners in engaging patients, and gain tips from others to overcome your conversational sticking points.
Questions? Contact Tani Hemmila at 952-814-8299.
- First time registrants need to create a login account. Returning users, please register with your account email and password.
- Each person needs to register and provide their name.
- Registering someone else? Please register them using their email address and other information.
Registration questions? Contact ICSI at 952-814-7060.