These resources have been contributed and curated by over 100 leaders in Minnesota and upper Midwest healthcare systems, mental health agencies, county and state agencies, and others. The group’s goal is to quickly organize and mobilize mental health support for COVID caregivers – our physicians, nurses, and other staff on the frontlines of COVID-19 crisis response.
How Systems Can Help Their Workers: Planning & Development Infrastructure
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs: Advice about Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
- Missouri Department of Mental Health: Behavioral Health Emergency Plan Template for Health Care Organizations (Template begins on page 30)
- ASPR TRACIE Modules: Disaster Behavioral Health for Healthcare Workers.
- A study on the Framework for “Psychological” Consequences for Disaster Preparedness and Response.
How Systems Can Help Their Workers: Training
Psychological First Aid
- Primer on Psychological First Aid.
- Click here for Instructions for training staff on Psychological First Aid
- Guide to conducting Psychological First Aid
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: PFA (Psychological First Aid) Mobile (online app.
- John Hopkins University: Psychological First Aid Online Training
- University of Minnesota: Psychological First Aid tutorial
How Systems Can Help Their Workers: Counseling and Referrals
- Minnesota Warmline: 877-404-3190 or text “support” to 85511
- Crisis Text Line: Text “MN” to 741741
- Minnesota Mobile Mental Health Crisis Line: Call **CRISIS (**274747)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
How Workers Can Get Help Themselves: Tips
- CDC: Mental Health Tips for Emergency Responders
- NAMI : Mental Health Coping Strategies During COVID-19
- guidelines on supporting mental well-being during COVID-19 from the MN Department of Health.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: Resources for Managing COVID-19 anxiety
- Magellan Health: Guidance on Managing Anxiety and Environment During COVID-19
- University of Colorado: At-a-glance Iinformation About Health Care Provider Mental Well-being During COVID-19
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center: Resources to Support Mental Health and Coping with the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How Workers Can Get Help Themselves: Free Apps for Healthcare
- Ten Percent Happier app: offering free membership for 6 months. Use code: HEALTHCARE
- Headspace app: provides guided meditation for providers and others
- Insight Timer app: guided meditations for sleep, anxiety and stress.
- Down Dog Yoga apps for health care providers.